Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 14: A Promotion and a Decision


Geez, I've been working so much, this is the first chance I've had to get back to my diary for awhile. I've been keeping so busy with work that the only thing I've really had to do in my sparse free-time is exercise and sleep.



Things are going really well at work. In fact, yesterday afternoon, Joanie called me into her office where she told me she's officially promoted me to Automated Spell-Checker Checker. “Since you already do a better job of catching our mistakes than the computer software, anyway!” she explained. I rolled my eyes at that, but thanked her, and when I announced it to my coworkers, one of them, Doreen, cheerfully suggested a girls' night out.

They took me to a local tavern, Varg's, where we danced and had drinks. Doreen invited her daughter, Serena. They look nothing alike, and I didn't make the relative connection at first because Serena is apparently married and has her husband, Rick's, last name.



Anyway, we had our fun last night, and I came home and passed out pretty early. I guess I must just be feeling optimistic from my promotion and the new friends and everything, because I've made a decision: I'm going to write my book. I've been waffling back and forth about it for several years now, and I've finally decided to just do it. In fact, I sat down and wrote the introductory chapter today, and I already know what I'm going to call it: Unnaturals Among Us: A Study of Contemporary Unsolved Cases and their Paranormal Possibilities. I have a lot of research saved up from when I was working at the Revealer on several different cases, but I think for this one I'm going to focus mainly on the vampiric deaths, since that's the majority of the evidence I collected while living in Bridgeport. Anyway, I'm getting excited about writing it, now, so I'll wrap this up and get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment